What features would you like to see added to SawMill?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2008 at 4:15 AM
Edited Dec 20, 2008 at 4:24 AM
The next things I plan to add are, in no particular order:
  • OpenPort 2.0 compatibility
  • UI to allow selecting parameters for the gauge screens
  • Support for 16-bit Subarus (right now, there are a lot of parameters hard-coded for 32-bit ECUs)
Each of those will take a lot of work, so I'm not promising a timeline. 

But adding new screens (sets of gauges, scatter plots, heat maps) is pretty easy.  What data do you want to see?

Contact me via this web site (click on my name, click the link to send me a message), and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!
Jan 16, 2009 at 7:52 PM
My needs are very simple for SawMill, and it does what I want/need perfectly.  More importantly, it does it simply.

The only thing I would like to see, is maybe some customization on the user's end.  Simple stuff.  Change the background color, text color, button colors.  That's pretty much it.

The only other thing I could possibly think of, if you get really bored... is maybe code up a GUI to customize what is displayed, and where it's displayed (like on which page and stuff).  Editing xml is easy enough, but it could help out less-technically-inclined users.
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2009 at 6:49 AM
I have good news - both of those are already on the to-do list.  :-)

Configurable colors will probably be in the next release (2-4 weeks from now, I hope) but parameter selection will take a bit longer, partly because I want to get OpenPort 2.0 supported first.

UI to select parameters is a high priority for me though, it's one of the things that just has to be in there before I can consider this project "done."  I'm tired of editing XML too.  :-)
Jan 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Awesome awesome!

I think supporting OpenPort 2.0 should be a priority too. 

As minuscule as it sounds, the only reason I personally want the ability to change colors is to match my car interior (red), lol.  It's the simple things that make life better :)

I'm looking forward to the GUI.  You've really done an outstanding job with this project, and I know many of us in the CarPC community are very thankful for your work!