This project is read-only.

Anyone interested in beta testing?

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:17 AM
I have a new build ready, and I'd like to send out an installer and get some feedback before I do a release.  TreeHugger will suspend/resume correctly on one of my laptops, but not both... I am curious whether this is due to the OS or something else.  It works for me on XP, but fails on Vista, but the OS is not the only difference between the two laptops.

Please contact me via this link if you are interested:  http://www.codeplex.com/site/users/contact/natewaddoups

Thanks!
Nov 17, 2009 at 7:00 PM

Just had a go with your software on my 05 STI8 Pro-drive.  Looks really good.  Using it with the tactrix OBD2 cable with the 1.3 drivers.

I've followed the installation process on Advent netbook, Windows XP SP3, all goes fine.  The only minor quirk is that whenever I run the tool I get lots of 'unrecognised parameter' errors.  I should've noted them while in my car, there were many! However, oddly it all still seemed to work ok except that there were a few screens which wouldn't display data e.g. knock.  I'm going to totally guess it's because the parameter layout of my ECU is different to what you coded for but as I said - complete guess.  For your reference, my ROM type is a 16bit A4RN300G from a UK 2005 2.0 STI v8 PPP EDM.  I can post you the ROM image if that's of any use.

Very keen to use it some more.  The data display is far better than ROMRaider.  Keep up the good work.

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Glad you're liking it.  My car is 32-bit, so I haven't had any opportunity to test with 16-bit cars.  However, some people with 16-bit ECUs worked out a configuration file that will probably be useful to you.  Have a look at their discussion here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=27990476

In post #19 there's a sawmill.exe.config file that might work for you.  If if it doesn't work, there will likely only be a couple of parameters that need to change to suit your car.

I'll contact the guy who posted that and see if he's OK with me including it in the next release.

Nov 19, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Great, thank you.  I'm about to take a week off of work so no surprises as to what I'll be doing :)