This project is read-only.

Missing Files

Mar 24, 2011 at 3:26 AM

I was hopping to read through your project to learn more about SSM and maybe contribute in the future, but there seems to be four missing files from the source that prevents it from compiling. 

from SsmProtocol/Utility

StopLoggingAsyncResult.cs

SuspendResumePort.cs

SuspendResumeStream.cs

Utility.cs

Could you upload these? 

Mar 27, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Thanks for letting me know.  Please give it another try, and let me know how it goes.

There have been some big changes since the last release, and it's not all fully tested, but if you have any more trouble building and running it, I do want to get everything fixed.

Thanks!

http://ssm.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/70982

Mar 30, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Getting closer.  Everything built except J524Mock, LumberjackCore and Lumberjack. 

J524Mock is giving me an error about not being able to open \Debug\J524Mock.map.  I'm using Visual c++ express 2010, so that might be my problem there. 

As for Lumberjack, here's the error I'm seeing.  I think if it can get past this, the rest will build.

Error    1    Inconsistent accessibility: property type 'NateW.Ssm.ApplicationLogic.Properties.Settings' is less accessible than property 'NateW.Ssm.ApplicationLogic.Lumberjack.Settings'    C:\. . .\ssm\SSM\LumberjackCore\Lumberjack.cs   

Line 41   

Column 25    LumberjackCore

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:41 AM

I have no idea what's up with the "\Debug\J524Mock.map" error but I'm pretty sure the .map file is something that the compiler or linker generates - that sounds like a bug with the tools rather than a problem with the source code.

Also note that J2534Mock is mostly just for testing, I'm pretty sure you can build a fully functioning logger, etc, without it.

Try manually editing the accessibility modifier on the NateW.Ssm.ApplicationLogic.Properties.Settings class - just make it public.  It was generated by Visual Studio - there might be a project setting to change the accessiblity automatically but try tweaking it by hand if you can't find it.

Once LumberjackCore builds, Lumberjack itself should build as well.

I'm very sorry for being so slow to respond!

Jul 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

So I was able to compile the whole project in VS 2010 using .NET 4.0. For the J2534Mock.map file issue, I was able to resolve this by right-clicking on the J2534Mock project and selecting 'Project Only/Link Only J2534Mock'. When you clean the Solution, this issue pops back up. I am running this with OpenPort 2.0 on Win7 x86, non-elevated. To get all of this to work, I did have to change a number of methods from private/internal to public.

Many thanks to NateW for his work on this. This is a great application, and I am planning to build a gauge panel using these libraries. Let me know if you want me to contribute.