Windows 7 64Bit support

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hello, First off, great bit of software, thanks. My Carpc is having an upgrade and will be running Windows 7 64Bit, i tried to test lumberjack and it fails. Do you plan on adding support for W7 64Bit?

Also I have been hoping there is a way to incorporate this into a skin type format, as I have zero coding experience, is there a dummies guide to do something similar to this thread here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/dashcommand/111407-digital-gauge-software-18.html

Thanks !

Kosti

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:52 AM

I do most of the development at home on a 64-bit Win7 box, so I'm surprised to hear it doesn't work.  How exactly does it fail?  Does the debug tab show any error messages?  Does sawmill work?

I have no experience with any of the usual CarPC software, so I can't help you there. 

thanks!

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Hi, 

I am also using windowss 7 64-bit .net framework 4. 

When I try to load lumberjack, it crashes. 

When I try to debug the crash it says: "Could not load file or assembly 'NateW.Ssm.Lumberjack.Core, Version=2.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=52830867b530ce03' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

I guess it has something about the 64 bit. In my task manager it tries to run as a 64 process.

do you have any solution? 

Thank you, 

Kfir Bar.

Nov 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I'm having a similar issue with Win7.  It crashes as soon as you select the executable.  Event Viewer says something about a Kernell.dll.  From my research it could be a 64bit hardware issue.

Win 7 can run on a 32bit or 64bit system.  So if you have win7 and a 32bit processor it will probably work ok.

Microsoft website mentions that drivers built for 32bit hardware will not work on 64bit hardware.